Globally, democracy is in retreat. As reported in September 2020 and January 2021 respectively, between 5,7% and 8,4% of the world’s population resided in a ‘full democracy’ during 2020.
Full democracies are countries which score between 8 and 10 according to the Economist Intelligence Unit Democracy Index. At a score of 8.08 the UK is on the cusp of becoming a ‘flawed democracy’. It’s surprising the UK scored so well considering all the fundamental British values – democracy, rule of law, respect and tolerance, and individual liberty – have been trampled by almost all of our elected officials over the past 15 months.
By Rhoda Wilson
The UK’s democratic liberties were once the envy of the world and were looked upon as an example other countries could look up to. The UK famously has an unwritten constitution, its constitutional rules existing in multiple sources, both written and unwritten. Some argue that it’s now essential to reduce it to a single written document but “by comparison, the United Kingdom has a better culture … because the political system has developed invaluable conventions and norms,” Dr. Alex Magaisa, University of Kent.
The Magna Carta, as re-issued in 1297, established the idea that people possess certain unalienable rights that cannot be overruled. Yet, using the ‘pandemic’ as an excuse, both local and national governments have overruled them. Instead of governing by consent they’ve chosen to use ‘rule by decree’ and ‘rule by fear’ – tactics favoured by dictators.
“Liberal democracy will be the biggest casualty of this pandemic,” Lord Sumption.
A democracy is only as strong as the opposition and this has possibly been one of the biggest failings for liberal democracy in the UK. Parliamentary opposition has failed to challenge Covid policies and stand up for individuals’ rights and freedoms. Contrarily, Labour, in particular, has consistently pressed for draconian restrictions to go further, sooner or for longer – giving the impression that Britain has become a one-party state. A case in point is a compulsory ID card scheme – launched, then scrapped, by the then Labour Prime Minister, Tony Blair. Although Blair continues to be a relentless champion, it is a Conservative government intent on implementing it.
Even if cross-party ‘group think’ hadn’t taken hold, it seems the main opposition party is on course to self-destruct. At least fifty-five Labour councillors, MPs and mayors have been arrested, charged, suspended, or placed under investigation in the past six months. Some of the crimes and allegations are shocking:
- Blackpool Council leader avoids sexual harassment inquiry by resigning from party, but remains a councillor.
- Hartlepool MP sexually assaulted victim multiple times, tribunal concludes. Criminal inquiry imminent.
- Northampton mayor suspended from the party after being found guilty of breaching a Community Protection Notice.
- Renfrewshire councillor under investigation for antisemitism.
- Sheffield City Council councillor under investigation for antisemitism
- Wycombe councillor charged with postal vote fraud.
- Warrington North MP proven to have broken electoral laws.
- Mayor of Great Yarmouth suspended while ‘undisclosed allegations’ are investigated.
- Blackburn Council placed under police investigation over fraud allegations.
- Newcastle councillor jailed for extensive stalking campaign against female constituent.
- Deputy Mayor of Slough suspended and under investigation for ‘serious allegations’.
- Two Peterborough councillors suspended. Reasons unclear.
- Seven Peterborough councillors suspended for antisemitism.
- Birmingham Hodge Hill MP accused of misusing public cash.
- Two Sandwell councillors quit, claiming Labour are trying to ‘cover-up corruption and cronyism’.
- Thanet Council leader quit after being accused of ‘series of failures’.
- Two London councillors accused of antisemitism.
- Leeds councillor charged with attempted rape, two counts of indecent assault and a further serious sexual offence.
- Manchester councillor suspended for breaching coronavirus travel regulations.
- Milton Keynes councillor arrested for leaving 4-year-old home alone in house that ‘reeked of urine and faeces’. Given suspended sentence.
- Rotherham councillor continued to accept a wage for being on the pensions board, despite standing down from the role fifteen months ago.
- Wolverhampton councillor charged with fraud.
- Former MP for Leicester East was expected to face criminal charges following the leaking of an infamous video showing the politician offering a male prostitute cocaine.
- Tower Hamlets councillor suspended over antisemitic post, is welcomed back.
- Blackpool Council acting councillor quit after woman files misconduct complaint.
- Eight elected officials in Wales suspended over antisemitism.
- West Oxfordshire councillor suspended over antisemitism.
- Exeter City councillor, during the time of his vile offences, worked in a children’s home and downloaded over one million horrific images of child abuse, including of 12-year-old girls being raped.
- Oxfordshire County councillor suspended after illegally purchasing Covid jab to jump queue.
- Mayor of Liverpool arrested on suspicion of bribery and witness intimidation.
- Welsh Member of the Senedd, who accused Boris Johnson of breaking lockdown, is caught joining parliament zoom call from lover’s pad in another country.
- Two Croydon councillors suspended over ‘dodgy deals’ that led to council’s bankruptcy.
- Derby councillor appears in court over postal vote fraud.
- Mayor of Blackburn resigned after breaking Covid rules.
- Oldham councillor charged with downloading child porn.
- Ilford councillor jailed for 17 months after committing fraud to win his seat.
- Poplar and Limehouse MP charged with housing fraud.
- Lord of Rotherham awaits verdict after being charged with child abuse
There can be no hope of a strong opposition, nor a well-functioning democracy, when the main opposition party is incapable of selecting worthy candidates. Coupled with elected officials, irrespective of political affiliation, destroying our democratic liberties – despite having committed to represent, govern, administer and serve on behalf of and in the interests of the people – and it’s no wonder Britain is looking more like a dictatorship than a liberal democracy.
Democracy relies on a culture built upon freedom and equality where everyone is aware of their rights and responsibilities. A democratic society depends on individual rights but also entails responsibilities. When elected officials fail, it becomes the responsibility of the people to establish, develop and sustain democracy.
“The most important political office is that of the private citizen,” Justice Louis Brandeis
Subscribe now to make sure you receive the latest uncensored news in your inbox…
WE URGENTLY NEED YOUR HELP…
We’re not funded by the Government
to publish lies & propaganda on their
behalf like the mainstream media.
Instead, we rely solely on our support. So
please support us in our efforts to bring you
honest, reliable, investigative journalism
today. It’s secure, quick and easy…
Just choose your preferred method
to show your support below support
Categories: Breaking News, Did You Know?, Latest News, The Expose Blog, World News
LOOK AT THIS BUNCH THAY ARE THE TIP OF THE SHIT PILE GOS ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP THEN SOME. AND WE PAY FOR THIS ITS A PISS TAKE ON A MASSIVE SCALE
There were over 10 million INDIVIDUAL separate allegations or claims made against the Vatican for pedophilia crimes alone Just the Vatican.
YES IM AWARE THE DEMONIC VATICAN ARE AT THE CORE FULL OF NONCES
Fantastic work-from-home opportunity for everryone… Work for three to eight hrs a day and start getting paid in the range of 7,000-14,000 dollars a month… Weekly payments Learn More details Good luck…
Mostly located in the Enriching areas beloved by Muslimophiles, Africanophiles and the cult of Saint Marcus of Rashturd.
This is completely meaningless without a Tory comparison, of course. The Tories are the traditional party of sleaze and corruption.
[…] At least 55 Labour MPs, Councillors and Mayors have been arrested, charged, suspended, or placed und… […]
It has all been a lie since the magna Carter because, was it John who broke the deal and so England really forfeited back to Rome way back then They hate the truth.
Can’t remember the details it was taught to us so many aeons ago now but that’s the bottom line The magna carte caused the prior agreement to bevome effective Something like that It was all DECEIT . Still is And because they were afraid the people wouldn’t accept their
plots and would revolt and chop their heads off or burn them at the srake after tirturing them mercilessly first kept them just pretending the king was in charge, even deceiving him to a point. All those fears they have from their experience.
suck my penis
[…] Read More: At least 55 Labour MPs, Councillors and Mayors have been arrested, charged, suspended […]
[…] Read More: At least 55 Labour MPs, Councillors and Mayors have been arrested, charged, suspended […]
Should anything surprise us these days ?
The UK(SSR) levels of corruption, police state corruption / surveillance and erosion of democracy, are such that the surviving members of the pre -1992 Soviet era politburo look on with envy…………………..
“between 5,7% and 8,4% of the world’s population resided in a ‘full democracy’ during 2020. Full democracies are countries which score between 8 and 10 according to the Economist Intelligence Unit Democracy Index.”
i’m speeechless. apparantly some numb nuts in a newspaper(?) sticks a pin in and pow, you’re a democracy.
“At a score of 8.08 the UK is on the cusp of becoming a ‘flawed democracy’.”
that’s so funny i almost died laughing.
“It’s surprising the UK scored so well considering all the fundamental British values – democracy, rule of law, respect and tolerance, and individual liberty – have been trampled by almost all of our elected officials over the past 15 months.”
rule of law
respect and tolerance
wtf? i’ve been forced to live in the uk for decades and i’ve neither seen nor heard of the slightest whiff of any of the above. have you?
in fact, if you reversed each of those 4, i’d say you’ve got as close a description of the uk as you’re ever going to get.
only the rich think a ‘democracy’ is ‘good’. mostly because sh_t floats.
Don’t forget the protected so called Jewish directors of Outward Bound Global (summer camps for school kids)
Fraud royals so called Jewish protected pedo friend & marriage guidance counsellor Jimmy Savile
Freeloading fraud royal so called Jew Phil & his products of incest
Epsteins good friend fraud royal nightclub sweaty Bettty, Andy
And was he really caught canoodling with young stable lads? fraud royal disappointed freeloader forever in waiting, (to scavenge off the gentiles) Eddie
And Epsteins very close personal friend and 1 of his biggest supporters so called Jew Lynn de Rothschild
What’s the punishment for saying you don’t like jews now? Can you go to prison for it?
Whatever it is, is it the same if you say you don’t like indians?
What if you don’t like the ‘queen’?
I’ll ask the edict of expulsion 1290 because by rights them crawling back into England and Wales should have earned them an instant death penalty. the enemy of England for all eternity.
Queenie of the khazar kiddie fiddlers can go to hell. Preferably after being strung up as 1 of the biggest incest created fraud royal traitors this country has ever seen
“Democracy relies on a culture built upon freedom and equality where everyone is aware of their rights and responsibilities.”
No. A democracy is a dictatorship. The further down the dung heap you are the more cunts there are telling you what to do.
What you’re reaching for is equality. Remember that? Thought not.